Re: map keyboard to stdin

From: Kevin Holland
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 16:10:42 EST

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 00:52 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> On Tuesday 2008-07-22 22:55, Kevin Holland wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I have an embedded Linux board that uses 2.6.21, the console is output
> >the serial port. How can I set it up so a USB keyboard will be accepted
> >as input as well as anything received from the serial port and it will
> >be echoed to the output of the serial port as well. Basically I want to
> >issue commands either through a terminal program to the embedded board
> >or a USB keyboard that is connected to the board, but I still want to
> >see what was typed on the keyboard out the serial terminal. I have
> >enabled USB HID support in the Kernel as well.
>
> Try booting with console=tty0 console=ttyS0
> I am not sure whether this will accept input from both (that's for you
> to test), though it definitely outputs to both.

This method doesn't seem to work on my setup since I'm only using the
serial port as the console, and have no frame buffer. I can
cat /dev/input/event0 and get what appears to be scan codes when I press
keys on my keyboard. How can I translate this into specific commands
for my serial console?

Thanks

Kevin