Re: 2.6.27-rc1: IP: iov_iter_advance+0x2e/0x90

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Jul 30 2008 - 17:47:57 EST

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:

> > So does this (hacky, ugly) patch fix it for you?
>
> You forgot "untested".

I'm trying to teach people to just take my patches for granted as being
untested. I think there is more shock value when I actually claim one of
my patches is actually _tested_, so I guess I'll just emphasize that part
in case it ever happens (and ok, it did happen for the cpu_mask thing).

> And, yes, it helps.

Ok, I'll commit it as obvious, ugly as it may be. And hope that Nick or
some other god of iov_iter will think about trying to make these things
more reliable and easier to use.

Linus