Re: [GIT PULL] XFS update for 2.6.27

From: Lachlan McIlroy
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 01:30:56 EST

We're having dns issues on our mail servers and none of our mails are going
to lkml (or linus). I'll try to resend the pull request.

Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
The following changes since commit c9272c4f9fbe2087beb3392f526dc5b19efaa56b:
Linus Torvalds (1):
Merge branch 'hotfixes' of git://git.linux-nfs.org/projects/trondmy/nfs-2.6

are available in the git repository at:

git://oss.sgi.com:8090/xfs/xfs-pull for-linus

Barry Naujok (12):
[XFS] Split xfs_dir2_leafn_lookup_int into its two pieces of functionality
[XFS] Name operation vector for hash and compare
[XFS] Add op_flags field and helpers to xfs_da_args
dcache: Add case-insensitive support d_ci_add() routine
[XFS] Return case-insensitive match for dentry cache
[XFS] XFS: ASCII case-insensitive support
[XFS] kmem_free and kmem_realloc to use const void *
[XFS] Remove d_add call for an ENOENT lookup return code
[XFS] Zero uninitialised xfs_da_args structure in xfs_dir2.c
[XFS] Invalidate dentry in unlink/rmdir if in case-insensitive mode
[XFS] Fix returning case-preserved name with CI node form directories
[XFS] Fix CI lookup in leaf-form directories

Christoph Hellwig (28):
[XFS] Kill attr_capable checks as already done in xattr_permission.
[XFS] kill xfs_uuid_unmount
[XFS] merge xfs_mntupdate into xfs_fs_remount
[XFS] kill xfs_igrow_start and xfs_igrow_finish
[XFS] merge xfs_unmount into xfs_fs_put_super / xfs_fs_fill_super
[XFS] merge xfs_mount into xfs_fs_fill_super
[XFS] don't call xfs_freesb from xfs_mountfs failure case
[XFS] sort out opening and closing of the block devices
[XFS] add xfs_setup_devices helper
[XFS] allow xfs_args_allocate to fail
[XFS] kill xfs_mount_init
[XFS] kill calls to xfs_binval in the mount error path
[XFS] rename error2 goto label in xfs_fs_fill_super
[XFS] add missing call to xfs_filestream_unmount on xfs_mountfs failure
[XFS] Factor out code for whether inode has attributes or not.
[XFS] Switches xfs_vn_listxattr to set it's put_listent callback directly
[XFS] Merge xfs_rmdir into xfs_remove
[XFS] Don't update i_size for directories and special files
[XFS] Check for invalid flags in xfs_attrlist_by_handle.
[XFS] attrmulti cleanup
[XFS] Don't update mtime on rename source
[XFS] streamline init/exit path
[XFS] fix mount option parsing in remount
[XFS] s/XFS_PURGE_INODE/IRELE/g s/VN_HOLD(XFS_ITOV())/IHOLD()/
[XFS] fix compilation without CONFIG_PROC_FS
[XFS] xfs_setattr currently doesn't just handle the attributes set through
[XFS] Now that xfs_setattr is only used for attributes set from ->setattr
[XFS] Remove vn_revalidate calls in xfs.

David Chinner (1):
[XFS] Update valid fields in xfs_mount_log_sb()

Denys Vlasenko (3):
[XFS] Remove unused arg from kmem_free()
[XFS] Remove unused Falgs parameter from xfs_qm_dqpurge()
[XFS] Remove unused wbc parameter from xfs_start_page_writeback()

Eric Sandeen (3):
[XFS]
[XFS] Pack some shortform dir2 structures for the ARM old ABI
[XFS] Disable queue flag test in barrier check.

Lachlan McIlroy (11):
[XFS] Use the generic xattr methods.
[XFS] make inode reclaim wait for log I/O to complete
[XFS] fix extent corruption in xfs_iext_irec_compact_full()
[XFS] Convert ASSERTs to XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTOs
[XFS] Always reset btree cursor after an insert
[XFS] Use the generic xattr methods.
[XFS] use minleft when allocating in xfs_bmbt_split()
[XFS] Restore the lowspace extent allocator algorithm
[XFS] Allow xfs_bmbt_split() to fallback to the lowspace allocator
[XFS] Don't assert if trying to mount with blocksize > pagesize
[XFS] fix use after free with external logs or real-time devices

Matthew Wilcox (1):
[XFS] Convert l_flushsema to a sv_t

Michael Nishimoto (1):
[XFS] Ensure that 2 GiB xfs logs work properly.

Tim Shimmin (4):
[XFS] Fix up noattr2 so that it will properly update the versionnum and
[XFS] Fix up warning for xfs_vn_listxatt's call of list_one_attr() with
[XFS] Fix up problem when CONFIG_XFS_POSIX_ACL is not set and yet we still
[XFS] A bug was found in xfs_bmap_add_extent_unwritten_real(). In a

fs/dcache.c | 102 +++++
fs/xfs/Makefile | 3 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/kmem.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/kmem.h | 4 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_aops.c | 5 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_buf.c | 14 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_buf.h | 2 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_export.c | 2 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_ioctl.c | 376 ++++++++++++++--
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_iops.c | 345 +++++----------
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_iops.h | 2 +
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_linux.h | 8 +
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_stats.c | 15 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_stats.h | 12 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c | 938 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.h | 4 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_sysctl.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_sysctl.h | 4 +-
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_vnode.c | 50 ---
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_vnode.h | 89 ----
fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c | 330 ++++++++++++++
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_dquot.c | 3 +-
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_dquot.h | 2 +-
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_dquot_item.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_qm.c | 24 +-
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_qm_syscalls.c | 12 +-
fs/xfs/quota/xfs_quota_priv.h | 3 -
fs/xfs/support/ktrace.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/support/uuid.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/support/uuid.h | 1 -
fs/xfs/xfs_acl.c | 21 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_acl.h | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_attr.c | 608 ++++----------------------
fs/xfs/xfs_attr.h | 90 ++---
fs/xfs/xfs_attr_leaf.c | 99 ++---
fs/xfs/xfs_attr_leaf.h | 29 +--
fs/xfs/xfs_attr_sf.h | 10 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.c | 118 +++---
fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.h | 13 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_bmap_btree.c | 76 ++--
fs/xfs/xfs_buf_item.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_clnt.h | 1 +
fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c | 48 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.h | 36 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_dfrag.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2.c | 125 +++++-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2.h | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_block.c | 56 ++-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_data.c | 5 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_leaf.c | 93 +++--
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_node.c | 402 ++++++++++-------
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_sf.c | 83 ++--
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_sf.h | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_dir2_trace.c | 20 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_dmapi.h | 2 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_error.c | 13 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_error.h | 1 -
fs/xfs/xfs_extfree_item.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_filestream.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_fs.h | 4 +
fs/xfs/xfs_fsops.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.c | 165 +++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_inode.h | 3 -
fs/xfs/xfs_inode_item.c | 7 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_iomap.c | 10 +
fs/xfs/xfs_itable.c | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_log.c | 49 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_log_priv.h | 6 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_log_recover.c | 21 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.c | 118 ++----
fs/xfs/xfs_mount.h | 17 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_mru_cache.c | 21 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_rename.c | 22 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.c | 2 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_sb.h | 17 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c | 4 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans_inode.c | 2 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_trans_item.c | 8 +-
fs/xfs/xfs_vfsops.c | 610 +--------------------------
fs/xfs/xfs_vfsops.h | 5 -
fs/xfs/xfs_vnodeops.c | 722 +++++++++----------------------
fs/xfs/xfs_vnodeops.h | 12 +-
include/linux/dcache.h | 1 +
create mode 100644 fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_xattr.c