Re: 463 kernel developers missing!

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 03:02:16 EST

David Schwartz wrote:
because he has consent

Not. See below. Also remember that there are sometimes tags added to the changelogs without having ensured that the respective person agrees to this addition.

if you want to
argue that people must parse GPL submissions to figure out what's really
covered by the GPL and what's not, you can certainly argue that.

The metadata (authorship, committership, changelog including sign-off tags...) are not part of the submitted program source code.

The fact that I agreed to have aspects of my participation in the open source project documented in the SCM does not imply an agreement that these data may be copied into databases which serve other purposes.
--
Stefan Richter