Re: 2.6.27-rc1 + selinux new options = no httpd

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 09:10:11 EST

On Thursday 31 July 2008, James Morris wrote:
>On Wed, 30 Jul 2008, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I just had to reboot backwards to 2.6.26 as I don't seem to be able to
>> turn off enough selinux stuff to allow apache (httpd) to run, on
>> 2.6.27-rc1 it cannot get perms to access its log files so it exits.
>
>Which new options?

Make xconfig-->security options:

XFRM Networking security hooks

and several others just below it. Unforch, I can't copy/paste the screen.
My next build will be with the above option turned off for grins & giggles.
However, I have about 16 bundles of shingles yet to sail up onto a roof & nail
down in the cooler parts of the day till I'm done. Taken last evening, I'm
on the right.

<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/Garage-pix/p7300002.jpg>

>What AVC messages are you seeing?

I posted the whole screen from setroubleshoot earlier.

>Which distro are you using and what is the policy package version?

F8, selinux-policy-targeted-3.0.8-109.fc8
selinux-policy-3.0.8-109.fc8
policycoreutils-gui-2.0.33-3.fc8
checkpolicy-2.0.4-1.fc8
policycoreutils-2.0.33-3.fc8
selinux-policy-devel-3.0.8-109.fc8

System has been relabeled twice now, no change, and the setroubleshoot command
suggested doesn't fix it.

>> Is there a specific fix for this?
>
>This is the first I've heard of this.

Caught me out too. :)