Re: [patch 0/9] x86, xsave: xsave/xrstor support

From: Suresh Siddha
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 17:58:28 EST

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 02:29:15PM -0700, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> > Ingo, 2.6.25, 2.6.26 also reboots randomly with this config on my
> > dual-socket system.
>
> hmmm ....
>
> a few guesses: perhaps I2C related (the randconfig turned on I2C bits)?
> Do you have any way (hw test-kit) to figure out where the reboot comes
> from - is it a triple fault caused by the kernel? Or some hardware
> event?

Doh! I knew something was wrong with your randconfig :)

#
# Watchdog Device Drivers
#

CONFIG_PC87413_WDT=y
CONFIG_60XX_WDT=y
# CONFIG_SBC8360_WDT is not set
CONFIG_CPU5_WDT=y
CONFIG_SMSC37B787_WDT=y
CONFIG_W83627HF_WDT=y
CONFIG_W83697HF_WDT=y
CONFIG_W83877F_WDT=y
CONFIG_W83977F_WDT=y
CONFIG_MACHZ_WDT=y
CONFIG_SBC_EPX_C3_WATCHDOG=y

Kernel was enabling watchdog, with out the userspace having the
heartbeat daemon....

randconfig is really not a good way to test! I can't even ssh to the box
with this config (something else is missing in the config!)

Anyhow, with watchdog removed, it works just fine. (both xsave and non-xsave
kernels)

thanks,
suresh