Re: [patch 0/9] x86, xsave: xsave/xrstor support

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 22:05:32 EST

On 01-08-08 00:50, Ingo Molnar wrote:

there are a handful of old ISA-ish drivers that can crash randconfig kernels in various ways. [indefinite lockups, crashes, stomped-over hardware, non-working keyboard, etc.]

I mapped most of them out via many months of trial-and-error - but it would still be nice to have some separate config option to disable the known ones. CONFIG_ALLOW_NON_GENERIC or something like that - which i would unset in the randconfig runs.

( They are not CONFIG_BROKEN per se, because often it's hardware that
cannot be probed in any reliable way - the driver just assumes it's there. )

If you have a list, I might be able to do something about some of them.

Rene.