Re: [patch 0/4] x86: AMD microcode patch loading v2 fixes

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 07:25:54 EST

Tigran, Peter,

may a firmware package contain a few 'microcode' updates for a specific cpu?

And if so, does each of them provide independent 'errata' fixes? [*]

(or they are just different versions of the same self-consistent/full
'microcode' update and we may need to apply each of them just e.g.
because we can't jump from stepping X.1 to X.3 without applying X.2 in
between?

if it's [1], then I wonder why only a single 'microcode' update (which
has been previously cached in 'uci->mc') is being applied for the case
of system-wide resume (apply_microcode_check_cpu()). Don't we need to
go through the full cpu_request_microcode() cycle to consider all
updates?

TIA,

--
Best regards,