Re: Sysrq+B doesn't work on my box

From: Zdenek Kabelac
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 09:22:52 EST

2008/8/1 Alistair John Strachan <alistair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Friday 01 August 2008 10:54:19 Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>> 2008/7/31 Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>:
>> > Zdenek Kabelac wrote:
>> I'll probably try to bisect rc.sysinit script to check what is the
>> first command
>> that breaks the reboot - but if there is any idea what should I test
>> first.?
>
> Are you using modules? Maybe a driver is loaded and this upsets the BIOS
> somehow? If that was the case, the driver wouldn't be loaded in an
> init=/bin/sh situation, as you described before.

Yes - except as I've checked the exactly same modularized kernel
running Debian on the same box
has no boot problem.

So it could be the some initialization steps are different so maybe a
slightly different set of modules
is installed or they are initialized on different order - I'll check this.

Zdenek