Re: x86 BIOS interface for partitioning and system serial numberon SGI UV

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 13:35:33 EST

Russ Anderson wrote:
x86 BIOS interface for partitioning and system serial number on SGI UV

- if (!proc_mkdir("sgi_uv", NULL))
+ if (!sgi_uv_dir)
+ sgi_uv_dir = proc_mkdir("sgi_uv", NULL);
+ if (!sgi_uv_dir)
return -EINVAL;

This really seems more that it should belong in sysfs -- /sys/class/firmware presumably.

+# define BIOS_CALL(result, a0, a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6, a7) \
+ do { \
+ /* XXX - the real call goes here */ \
+ result.status = BIOS_STATUS_UNIMPLEMENTED; \
+ result.v0 = 0; \
+ result.v1 = 0; \
+ } while (0)

I have more than a little problem with submitting patches like this. We have no way to judge the suitability of the coding or the interface with the "meat" of the driver stubbed out!

-hpa