Re: linux-next: m68k build failure

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Aug 01 2008 - 16:41:41 EST

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 03:52:22PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:49:35 +0200 Sam Ravnborg <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Full list of relevant files:
> > > include/asm-m68k/contregs.h:#include <asm-sparc/contregs.h>
> > > include/asm-m68k/fbio.h:#include <asm-sparc/fbio.h>
> > > include/asm-m68k/idprom.h:#include <asm-sparc/idprom.h>
> >
> > I applied the following patch to today's linux-next.
>
> Thanks!
>
> BTW, is there a (good) way to have this without duplicating those header files?

The only solution I can come up with right now is:

Makefile:
ccflags-y += -Iarch/sparc/include

foo.c:
#include <asm/fbio.h>

Disadvantage is that we loose the explicit documentation that this
is header files from another architecture.
So we should at least add a comment saying this.

And the above would not work if the file has same filename,
but then that is not a likely situation either.

Sam