Re: reiser4 for 2.6.27-rc1

From: Edward Shishkin
Date: Mon Aug 04 2008 - 07:09:37 EST

Ryan Hope wrote:
> So the purpose of that "plugins" document is just to "defend" the
> present state of the reiser4 code?

Yes. In particular.

Plugins stuff is a way of data storage optimization and its
removing definitely would be a mistake. What can arise here
again is complaints about "layering violation". However,
addressing them doesn't necessarily mean removing the whole
plugin stuff. I hope that this document will help such discussions
to be more constructive.

Thanks,
Edward.