CRDA and uevent

From: Luis R. Rodriguez
Date: Tue Aug 05 2008 - 21:12:56 EST

At OLS we reviewed how CRDA [1] and its integration with the kernel
works. One comment was to have the kernel call a uevent instead of
calling call_usermodehelper() as this is a better accepted way of
calling user mode helpers and it provides a better framework. I still
am not sold on this but regardless I'd like to give it a shot. It
seems we would need to register a class for this.

Marcel I know you also mentioned about using device platform for this?
Is this correct or did I misunderstand? Can you elaborate a bit?

Thanks,

Luis

[1] http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory/CRDA