Re: [malware-list] [RFC 0/5] [TALPA] Intro to a linux interface for onaccess scanning

From: tvrtko . ursulin
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 05:48:18 EST

Nick Piggin wrote on 05/08/2008 19:08:05:

> On Tuesday 05 August 2008 07:00, Eric Paris wrote:
> > 5. Define which filesystems are cacheable and which are not
>
> This is practically impossible to do completely without rewriting a lot
> of code (which will never be accepted). I don't see why it is needed
though
> as the filesystem cache is supposed to be kept coherent with disk.

Problem is with network filesystems. So could it be a flag somewhere per
filesystem which would say something like "this filesystem guarantees
content of a file cannot change without get_write_access or
file_update_time being called locally"? That doesn't sound like a lot of
code so what am I missing?

Tvrtko

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon,
OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.

Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.