Re: [malware-list] [RFC 0/5] [TALPA] Intro to alinuxinterfaceforon access scanning

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 07:28:28 EST

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 12:07:57PM +0100, tvrtko.ursulin@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/08/2008 11:50:08:
> >
> > As an observer of this thread:
> >
> > - Some set of requirements suddenly appears out of the void on
> > linux-kernel.
>
> Because previously it was said to go away and come back with a clear list
> of requirements. And here you make it sound like a negative thing. See
> what I am talking about?

Both of my points belong together.

> > - Noone is able and/or willing to exactly describe the problem(s) they
> > are trying to solve.
>
> Hopefully we will get there. Very little time has passed since the
> discussion has started, even less considering the time zone difference for
> some.
>
> > With this status quo the discussion is going nowhere - Linux kernel
> > development does not work this way.
> >
> > The aim is not to include this code, but to find the best technical
> > solution for your problem(s) - no matter whether this will have anything
> > in common with the list of requirements and the code posted or not.
>
> I completely agree with that. Here I was just pointing out that what Greg
> wrote was untrue and exaggerated so not helping the discussion at all.

Until now the main discussion participant from the AV side is
Jonathan Press.

But the real discussion hasn't even started since the information
required is not available.

And as soon as the information for the real discussion is available all
these initial discussions become irrelevant.

> Tvrtko

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.