Re: [malware-list] [RFC 0/5] [TALPA] Intro to a linux interface foron access scanning

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 14:06:52 EST

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 04:41:04 +0200
Andi Kleen <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I couldn't give a rats a** about
> > windows viruses as they can't actually cause any harm on a Linux
> > machine.
>
> My guess is that wine is good enough these days to run many Windows
> worms actually.

Firefox, Open Office and other applications are probably large and
feature rich enough that making worms for them might be possible.

Not being able to harm the operating system is not the same as not
being able to harm the user. We still want some protection from
the latter...

--
All Rights Reversed