IPv4 Unnumbered Multicast?

From: Daniel Ng
Date: Thu Aug 07 2008 - 21:35:24 EST

Hi,

Would someone please tell me if the latest kernel is able to handle Multicast
IGMP Joins and sending of Multicast packets on multiple Unnumbered PPP links?

As you probably know, for IPv4, Unnumbered PPP links 'share' the IP address of
another interface on the same machine. Therefore, you could potentially have
multiple PPP links on one machine, all with exactly the same local IP address.
We might want any number of these PPP interfaces to join the same Multicast
Group.

Can we multicast send/receive in this scenario? The setsockopt()
IP_MULTICAST_IF and IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP options only seem to distinguish
interfaces by their IP address.

Cheers,
Daniel