Re: [patch 1/2] fastboot: Add a module parameter to skip probing ofspecific ports

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 10:38:41 EST

> and can add the option for this case. It's the "push policy out of the
> kernel" thing.. while the kernel probably can't know this (and you're
> right, the DMI patch is thus the wrong thing to do).. the admin can.

libata lets you set the nth controller to various things (40wire etc) so
I suspect the right thing to extent is the existing libata option code
that Tejun wrote to include 'skip' if it doesn't already.

If that gets done cc me and I'll then go audit the drivers to see who
apart from it821x knows port 0 is always probed