Re: XFS Lock debugging noise or real problem?

From: Linda A. Walsh
Date: Tue Aug 12 2008 - 18:35:48 EST

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Is it also known, (and the same bug) when you get the lock warnings when doing
"xfs_restore", as well (dio_get_page and xfs_ilock)...

Doesn't give me the warm & fuzzies, but I'm sure you've heard that sentiment plenty
of times...

The bugs with 'sort', & imap were both with xfs_ilock and shrink_icache_memory.

I saw another bug (different prog) with those two locks that was said to be a bug in
XFS by Andrew Morton, but he didn't say if it was the same known "harmless" "bug" or
if it was more serious.