Re: [patch]fastboot: remove duplicate unpack_to_rootfs()

From: Frans Meulenbroeks
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 04:12:01 EST

2008/8/13, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:

> * Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > the dry_run variable is now unused in unpack_to_rootfs() and could be
> > eliminated.
>
> also, while we are materially touching init/initramfs.c, that file has
> collected a few uglies in the past few years, checkpatch --file says:
>
> total: 7 errors, 7 warnings, 3 checks, 562 lines checked
>
> it has a few other problems as well that can be seen if you look at the
> file. Unused macros:
>
> /* Diagnostic functions (stubbed out) */
> #define Assert(cond,msg)
> #define Trace(x)
> #define Tracev(x)
> #define Tracevv(x)
> #define Tracec(c,x)
> #define Tracecv(c,x)
>
> #define STATIC static
> #define INIT __init

These are not really unused. A few lines later it reads:

#include "../src/inflate.c"

These macros are used within inflate.c

(and perhaps the inclusion of inflate.c is not a good idea, maybe this
should be in lib.a
note that inflate.c is also included in init/do_mounts_rd.c;
fortunately this is all init code (which is probably why include was
used in the first place))

Frans.