Re: HPET regression in 2.6.26 versus 2.6.25 -- experimental revert for 2.6.27 failed

From: David Witbrodt
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 13:06:26 EST

> that patch revert to use request_resource, so there is some other problem

I agree. I have already begun to bisect to find where the other problem,
which prevents reverting, might have been introduced. Unfortunately, I'm
on my way to work as soon as I hit the "Send" button on this msg, so I
will be offline for the next 8 hours.

> could apply with
> cat revert_*.;patch | patch -p1

I assumed I should use 'git' to apply the patch. Using 'git apply' worked
perfectly, though -- 'git status' reported that the files had changed, and
I looked over the files to see if the changes were what were intended by
the patch. Also, the kernel built without errors.

I'll check it again when I get home, just to be sure, but I think it applied
just fine.

Thanks,
Dave W.