[ANNOUNCE] Wifi Link 5300 and 5100 Series

From: Tomas Winkler
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 17:11:39 EST

Intel would like to announce Linux support for Wifi Link 5000 and
5100 Series Adapters under iwlwifi driver (iwlagn.ko)

The Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 Series and 5300 is a families of IEEE
802.11a/b/g/Draft-N1 wireless network
adapters that operate in both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz spectra. These
adapters, available
in both PCIe* Mini Card and Half Mini Card form factor
5100 1x2 MIMO up to 300Mbps
5300 3x3 MIMO up to 450Mbps

Note: in 2.6.27-rc3 the MIMO and QoS features are not operational due
to recent changes in MQ. This has probably hit also other wireless
drivers We are working on resolving these issues.

The best known working driver can be located in iwl500 branch of
iwlwifi-2.6.git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/iwlwifi-2.6.git iwl5000

It is based 2.6.26-rc6 wireless-testing kernel.
We will publish compat-wireless that works with this release for easy
back porting to earlier stable kernels.

The driver requires firmware that can be downloaded from
http://intellinuxwireless.org

pci.ids were already sent to http://pciids.sourceforge.net
----------------------------------
8086 Intel Corporation