Re: Would it be better for git-commits-head to have -M -C diffs?

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 18:09:28 EST

On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 12:56 -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> Would anyone else prefer to see the posts on the commits list use git's
> copy and move detection?
>
> Git show (used by the feed-mail-list script) does support -M and -C.

I see no particular reason not to do that. I've spent the whole day
screwing with magic git scripts on master.kernel.org, fixing the
headers-export stuff; I'll do that when I'm finished, if nobody screams.

> I think it would also be useful were the From: header of each message
> set to the commit's Author. I run each commit through a script to do
> that locally, but the archives would also benefit from that.

It would be nice, but I'm not sure it's a good idea. They aren't always
valid email addresses. Maybe a Reply-To: header, rather than From: ?

--
David Woodhouse Open Source Technology Centre
David.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx Intel Corporation