Re: AGP and PAT (induced?) problem (on AMD family 6)

From: Rene Herman
Date: Fri Aug 15 2008 - 11:24:14 EST

On 15-08-08 16:22, Ingo Molnar wrote:

(more people Cc:-ed)

Thank you. Additional information at http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/8/6/449

agreed - +12 seconds wait suggest some rather fundamental breakage.
Did we go back to uncached for some critical display area that makes
X start up (shut down) that slowly? Did we mark the BIOS uncacheable
perhaps, causing X to execute BIOS code very slowly?

Quite a lot "uncached-minus" in those lists. I am desperately trying to avoid a clue about mostly anything graphics related so, "I dunno".

I haven't just disabled PAT yet (although I was about to just do so) and am available for testing.

Rene.