NFS regression? Odd delays and lockups accessing an NFS export.

From: Grant Coady
Date: Sun Aug 17 2008 - 22:03:19 EST

Hi there,

I've been using NFS here for years, lately there's something odd going on
since about a month or so. Previously reported last month:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/951419?page=last

Now with 2.6.27-rc3 on one of the client boxes I get a complete stall
at odd times when accessing the server's exported directory, cannot
see a pattern to it. Eventually recovers after a Ctrl-C. Nothing in
the server or client log files. Not easy to reproduce either.

The server runs 2.6.26.2 at the moment.

Server config, etc: http://bugsplatter.id.au/kernel/boxen/deltree/
Client config, etc: http://bugsplatter.id.au/kernel/boxen/pooh/

Grant.