Re: [GIT]: Networking

From: Denys Fedoryshchenko
Date: Tue Aug 19 2008 - 17:41:09 EST

> Oh, I'm sure that enabling TSO speeds things up, but apparently it also
> basically enables a code-path that hasn't been enabled since at least
> 2.6.23, no?
Well i report about performance regression before too, seems related case,
but my report was unclear.

And the bug was terrible for me, it was causing very bad performance on
REDIRECT and loopback transfers. I am testing also recent net-2.6 with this
loopback changes, it seems improve things for me much. So it is really
important bugfix for me too.

There is always chances that some fix will cause regression, i will try to
test this changes on intensive real-life workloads to make sure all fine.