Re: sdhci: Ricoh Co Ltd R5C822 SD/SDIO/MMC/MS/MSPro Host Adapter - disabling IRQ

From: David Härdeman
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 02:46:19 EST

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 11:22:34AM +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 00:47:25 +0200
David Härdeman <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 01:55:31AM +0200, Pierre Ossman wrote:

>I see that you have an iwl4965. I got this precise problem when I
>toggled the rfkill switch on my laptop. It is fixed in 2.6.26 though.
>Could you try upgrading the kernel and see if it's the same bug?

Unfortunately the problem is still present with 2.6.26 (Debian package linux-image-2.6.26-1-amd64):

Weird. What kind of efforts have you done in determining the source of
this interrupt? As I mentioned, I find it hard to believe that the card
reader is doing this as it is completely passive until you insert a
card.

Sorry for the delay, vacation times :)

Anyways, it seems that you were right, the interrupt problems doesn't seem to stem from the card reader...

Have you tried booting in a single user mode? Or with a minimal set of
modules loaded?

I've tried a lot of things, I even bought two microSDHC cards to experiment with and I've booted into a limited initramfs with no modules loaded and then done the same thing with only the sdhci module loaded.

In the end, it turns out that if the iwl4965 is disabled (e.g. via the rfkill button) and stays disabled, no error message is generated (I waited for > 30 minutes). If I later enable it and connect to my wireless AP, I get the error message approx 10 minutes after I've connected to the AP.

Does this mean I should contact the iwl4965 maintainers?

--
David Härdeman