Re: AGP and PAT (induced?) problem (on AMD family 6)

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Wed Aug 20 2008 - 23:42:34 EST

Venki Pallipadi <venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We are also looking at changing the reserve_memtype in PAT, not to use linked
> list for RAM backed pages and track them in page struct.

Back when I hacked on this I explicitely chose to not do this because
it would make it impossible to put any normal anonymous pages into
the PAT list. While that's not done today there's no reason it couldn't
be done in the future.

Also it doesn't fix the scalability of the data structure anyways
(a list is a list), just saves some memory.

-Andi