Re: Regression? 2.6.27-rc3 segfault on cold boot; not on warm boot.

From: David Greaves
Date: Thu Aug 21 2008 - 11:13:19 EST

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Please try 2.6.26.x and see if the problem is present in there.
I'm pretty sure it is - it's my wife's machine and she's been stable on 2.6.25
for a while. I moved to 2.6.26 to fix a CDROM problem and I think that was when
I encountered this. IIRC I then tried 2.6.27-rcX to see if it had been fixed and
here we are...

I'll confirm tomorrow morning.

I wrote first in case there was any debug/instrumentation worth configuring in
as I have plenty time to recompile a kernel before shutting down tonight.

David