Re: latest -git: hibernate: possible circular locking dependency detected

From: Vegard Nossum
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 15:09:27 EST

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi!
>

>> I just got this on v2.6.27-rc4 (+ unrelated fix):
>
> Did suspend ever work for you on this machine?

Yes, 2.6.20.9 works fine :-P

I am checking out your suggestions of IDE driver changes now.

(Next e-mail:)
>> I have no idea why this happens. Is it possible to trigger SysRq by
>> writing data on the other end of the serial console? (Maybe my cable
>> is bad or something, but data seems to be going in both directions
>> over my serial console.)
>
> Serial break translates to sysrq, IIRC.

Thanks, that's useful info.

I also figured out something else; apparently the ttys are set to
character echo mode in either or both directions. I guess this is why
I also get these "ttyS0: 3 input overrun(s)" messages all the time. Am
I the only one who experienced this? I'll experiment with stty.

Vegard

--
"The animistic metaphor of the bug that maliciously sneaked in while
the programmer was not looking is intellectually dishonest as it