Re: latest -git: WARNING: at arch/x86/kernel/ipi.c:123send_IPI_mask_bitmask+0xc3/0xe0()

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 14:41:29 EST

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 08:31:04PM +0200, Vegard Nossum wrote:

> Fedora 7 init, which would prompt for the starting of cpuspeed
> initscript. Turning off echo for the tty was what triggered the
> slowness; removing cpuspeed from the runlevel entirely solved the
> problem.
>
> Don't know why cpuspeed would select a governor which runs the CPU at
> a constant 300 MHz, though.

p4-clockmod is the only cpufreq driver that can run on your hardware.
There's nothing better. A while back, Fedora stopped loading
(and even building) p4-clockmod, because it sucks so bad.
I can't remember when we made that change, but it sounds like it must
have been a post F7 thing.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk