Re: reiser4 for 2.6.27-rc1

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 15:51:44 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
And yes, I think Hans lost his right to decide over the name because of what he has done. That is no disrespect for his work, only for him as person in general, and I do strongly disrespect him as a person.

So should ever reissue of a work by Gary Glitter have the name removed
from the cover, every opera by Wagner have the name removed for his
attitudes ?

History is a one way street, and you might as well have the fs known the
way it is so that people remember "reiser oh wasn't he the guy who.." -
unless you are trying to market the fs I guess.

A one way street indeed, I see no reason to rename the f/s since the association will remain. People who follow Linux will know anyway, and I doubt most people will remember one more guy who killed his wife during a nasty divorce. Sad to say there's a lot of that around.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>