Re: NFS regression? Odd delays and lockups accessing an NFS export.

From: Tom Tucker
Date: Mon Aug 25 2008 - 16:15:19 EST

Trond Myklebust wrote:
On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 11:04 -0500, Tom Tucker wrote:
I don't think it should matter how long the connection stays in FIN WAIT,
the client should reconnect anyway.

Which would break the replay cache, since we can't reconnect using the
same port.

Since the client seems to be the variable, I would think it might be an
issue with the client reconnect logic?

No.

Yeah, you're right. I got confused about which host was stuck in FIN_WAIT2.
It's the client as you pointed out earlier.

Thanks,
Tom

Trond