Re: /proc/acpi/ibm/wan stopped appearing

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Wed Aug 27 2008 - 19:12:39 EST

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> /proc/acpi/ibm/wan stopped appearing for me at some point recently
> (bluetooth is still there). I guess this has something to do with the
> RFKILL changes, but I haven't looked at them in detail. I guess my
> question is: is this expected, and what's the "proper" way to control
> the WWAN radio now?

1. It is not expected, I have not removed /proc interface support for
anything. Look at the thinkpad-acpi documentation, it is always (and I do
mean ALWAYS) up-to-date.

The /proc interface for thinkpad-acpi is not going away for a while yet,
unless ACPI itself decides that /proc/acpi must die.

2. The proper way to control ANY radio's rfkill functions is through the
rfkill sysfs interface. That includes thinkpad-acpi's bluetooth and WWAN.

IOW, we may have a regression here. Please compile thinkpad-acpi with debug
mode enabled, load it with the "debug=0xffff" and "experimental=1"
parameters (as far as I remember, WWAN requires "experimental=1" to work,
without that it will NOT load, and you will NOT get /proc/acpi/ibm/wan or
anything else WWAN related from thinkpad-acpi), and send me the resulting
log output from thinkpad-acpi.

Henrique Holschuh