Re: An idea .... with code

From: Kasper Sandberg
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 06:08:43 EST

On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 17:02 +0200, Andi Kleen wrote:

> > > Serious question? cryptoloop, offsets are the big ticket items,
> > > i'm sure there are more.
> >
> > As far as cryptoloop goes, isnt that obsoleted anyway?
>
> It's like saying: FAT -- isn't that obsolete by now?
> As long as there are crypto loop files around it's not obsolete.
I disagree, as i recall, i stopped using cryptoloop and went directly to
dm-crypt with compatibility for my already existing files?

> > is there anyone
> > that doesent use dm-crypt by now?
>
> Wrong question. You lose.
In the case that i am correct above, it would appear that i did not
loose, given that the newer stuff has backwards compatibility (which i
am fairly certain it does)

also do not forget that i did say its unlikely that loop be removed due
to its heavily "established" status.