Re: Lenovo 3000 N100 i8042 problems

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 19:30:22 EST

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008, Daniel Barkalow wrote:

> In 2.6.25.10, I'm finding that my i8042 seems to die after a while. In the
> middle of using the keyboard and mouse, generally before some key release
> is handled, it stops taking any input.
> This seems to be due to 2a2dcd65e232eafd9fb6da1250f83adb57787b42; it works
> fine with that reverted. Perhaps that quirk is being applied too widely?

Hi Daniel,

thanks for tracking down the commit. Also, please don't forget to CC the
commit author in such cases :)

Could you please send a dmidecode output from your system, so that we can
compare it to the one provided by Christopher, as he as the system that
apparently needs the nomux quirk to work correctly? It's indeed possible
that there are various systems out there, and the DMI match has to be made
more strict.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina