Re: [dm-devel] Re: Problem w/ CONFIG_DEBUG_BLOCK_EXT_DEVT

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 08:25:34 EST

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 01:06:24PM +0200, Tejun Heo wrote:
>> Well, dev_t is 32bits and MINORBITS is 20. So, major 12 bits, minor 20
>> bits, so 4 characters for major, 7 characters for minor.
>
> Upstream libdevmapper CVS patched - will appear in next release (1.02.28).

Alright, thanks. What about the /proc/devices one? Would adding an
entry help? I'm kind of lost /proc/devices. It's now mostly
non-functional legacy stuff we've been carrying around. Is it
deprecated or do we intend to keep it around forever?

Ooh.. which also reminds me that I forgot to reserve the major number w/
lanana. Will do that.

Thanks.

--
tejun