Re: TLB evaluation for Linux

From: CHADHA,VINEET
Date: Tue Sep 02 2008 - 12:15:13 EST

I don't have a reference, but I'd not be surprised to see on virtual
machines for this to be even stronger; each invlpg would be a
hypercall, compared to only one for the total flush.

I agree that overhead could be more in virtual machines. Questions is that does VMs
are designed with evaluation of performance issues at micro-architetural level. Is this the best design for virtual machines or Linux ?

I don't see many numbers or published paper to make a claim.

Regards,
Vineet