reiserfs do_journal_end unnecessary hd wake up?

From: BrÃulio Barros de Oliveira
Date: Wed Sep 03 2008 - 22:56:20 EST

hello,

this is my very first post here. please correct me if necessary.

i'm pretty paranoic with energy save with my laptop. a good way to
save it, is to enable APM for the HD.
that's where I see maybe reiserfs is doing something wrong. even
killing almost every process and not running X, do_journal_end keeps
appearing on powertop and the hard disk keeps waking up and sleeping,
something you can notice by the noisy clicks.

is this behaviour really right?
is there any way to avoid these wakeup (almost 2watts powersave)?

system: archlinux with kernel 2.6.26.3 and standard reiserfs 3.6 fs.

thankx in advance,
brÃulio