Re: [PATH] Fix compilation when CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT isnot set

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Thu Sep 04 2008 - 10:39:46 EST

* Rui Sousa <rui.p.m.sousa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This patch fixes compilation if CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT is ever
> disabled (which is currently not allowed by Kconfig). Alternatively we
> could just remove the option altogether and the associated code paths.
> Since the compilation error has been in the tree for at least two
> years and no one noticed it, I guess we don't really have the need for
> CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT=n. Boot tested on x86 UP.

applied to tip/core/locking - thanks Rui.

since you fixed it i prefer the fix over the removal. We could still
remove the !TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT now (in a separate commit) and
simpify this header a bit that way. Thus if someone needs the
!TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT mode of build for future work, it can be
restored via a simple revert.

Ingo