Re: [NFS] blocks of zeros (NULLs) in NFS files in kernels >= 2.6.20

From: Aaron Straus
Date: Fri Sep 05 2008 - 16:05:10 EST

Hi,

On Sep 05 03:56 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
> [ replacing cc: nfs@xxxxxx with linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and neil's
> old address with his current one ]

Sorry I probably grabbed an old MAINTAINERS file.

> On Sep 5, 2008, at Sep 5, 2008, 3:19 PM, Aaron Straus wrote:
> > Writer_Version Outcome:
> > <= 2.6.19 OK
> > >= 2.6.20 BAD
>
> Up to which kernel? Recent ones may address this issue already.

BAD up to 2.6.27-rc?

I have to see exactly which is the last rc version I tested.

> > I can try to bisect between 2.6.19 <-> 2.6.20.
>
> That's a good start.

OK will try to bisect.

> Comparing a wire trace with strace output, starting with the writing
> client, might also be illuminating. We prefer wireshark as it uses
> good default trace settings, parses the wire bytes and displays them
> coherently, and allows you to sort the frames in various useful ways.

OK. Could you also try to reproduce on your side using those python
programs? I want to make sure it's not something specific with our
mounts, etc.

Thanks!
=a=