Re: [RFC] x86: io-apic - convert DO_ACTION macro into function

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Mon Sep 08 2008 - 10:33:57 EST

* Cyrill Gorcunov <gorcunov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Convert DO_ACTION macro into more obvious io_apic_modify_irq
> function with callers
> ---
>
> I found it more readable then original was. Especialy we could grep
> the callers in normal way. It's just an attempt - free to drop this
> patch. I hope I don't messed with all these masks :) So the question
> is rather NOT about details but idea in general.

yeah - getting rid of such macros is a very good idea in general.

> 1 file changed, 50 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

that's non-trivial impact. Did the .o md5sum survive this transformation
just fine? (in theory gcc should generate the same code - but it doesnt
always do that across macro->inline function changes, so it's hard to
validate these kinds of changes.)

Ingo