Re: [ANNOUNCE] Guilt v0.31

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: Tue Sep 09 2008 - 11:13:55 EST

Michael J Gruber <michaeljgruber+gmane@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I would go about renaming quick-install-doc to quick-install-man, introducing quick-install-html doing the analogous using the "html" branch and quick-install-doc doing both, which would be more in line with the install-doc target.
>
> Are there any objections to renaming quick-install-doc to quick-install-man?

What does it improve?

IOW, can't you do what you want to do (I am assuming that what you want to
do is to be able to copy out the pregenerated contents from convenience
branches) without such a rename?

If you rename the target, I am reasonably sure you would break somebody's
build procedure. It is a separate topic if there are large number of such
somebody, or just a limited few.