Re: Oops/Warning report for the week of September 10th, 2008

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Sep 11 2008 - 01:28:22 EST

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 12:16:48PM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> Rank 2: sysfs_add_one (warning)
> Reported 215 times (3751 total reports)
> Duplicate sysfs registration; mostly in USB audio
> This warning was last seen in version 2.6.27-rc5, and first seen in
> 2.6.24-rc6.
> More info: http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=sysfs_add_one

This one is going to be a bit tough to track over time as it is the low
level sysfs code complaining that a user of it is doing something wrong.
So you can get all sorts of different callers causing the same warning,
we just have to look at the backtrace to get a hint of who is causing
the problem.

Is there any way to break this one down further by caller so we can try
to narrow it down? I thought you did that for other types of warnings
in the past (may_sleep(), etc.)

thanks,

greg k-h