Re: frustrating ath9k issues in 2.6.27-rc6-00036-ga551b98 (Linuspristine tree)

From: Steven Noonan
Date: Sun Sep 14 2008 - 21:07:47 EST

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> On Saturday, 13 of September 2008, Steven Noonan wrote:
> > I just had another incident where it disassociated and refused to
> > reassociate. I got about 100 of these in my dmesg (fixed by unloading
> > and reloading ath9k):
>
> Is this a regression from 2.6.26?

ath9k has been recently introduced (i.e. it's new to 2.6.27). So I'm not
certain how to answer. Correct me if I'm wrong but a regression is a new
bug for a specific component that did not surface in the previous release,
correct? But if the component didn't exist in the previous version, is it
still a regression?

- Steven