Re: advantages of AXFS over squashfs?

From: Jared Hulbert
Date: Mon Sep 15 2008 - 11:42:36 EST

> I read somewhere that AXFS is going to be a part of Linux kernel 2.6.28
> ( http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6179099416.html?kc=rss )
>
> What are the advantages of AXFS compared to squashfs?

Depends on what you are doing and what features you care about. You
can read some of the threads starting ~Aug 20th for the details.

> Why not to include squashfs instead?

To be clear, the submission of AXFS has nothing at all to do with
squashfs. It's not a || it's an && operation.

But yeah, Christoph is right. 2.6.28 is iffy for AXFS anyway.