Re: A bug (probably) in stop_all_threads

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 05:28:47 EST

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:58:21PM +0530, karthikeyan S wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Willy Tarreau <w@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:19:58AM +0530, karthikeyan S wrote:
> >> Hi Willy,
> >>
> >> Thanks for getting back. Yes, I tried to set the state to
> >> TASK_INTERRUPTIBLE. It solves the issue. The other processes now get a
> >> chance to handle the SIGSTOP sent to them.
> >
> > OK, that will help me review the current code and compare it with 2.6.
> > If you could send me your patch, it will even save me more time. Based
> > on your report, it's very likely that it will get merged.
>
> Sure, I can definitely send the patch. I haven't sent a patch before,
> and I am not fully aware of the process to follow. It might take a
> little bit if time, but I will try to send it very soon.

in order not to waste your time, here is how to proceed :

go to the directory where both your new kernel and old kernel are.
Here is how you do then :

$ diff -urN linux-2.4.36-bad linux-2.4.36-goot > my-patch.diff

(ensure that you don't have lots of old or temporary files in it).
You might have to run a "make distclean" in each dir first.

Then integrate the result as inline text into your mail, and as an added
bonus, other people will be able to comment on your work.

Regards,
Willy