Re: [x86-tip, patch] rework of the microcode splitup

From: Dmitry Adamushko
Date: Tue Sep 16 2008 - 17:44:00 EST

2008/9/14 Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>:

> * Dmitry Adamushko <dmitry.adamushko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ingo, Peter,
>>

>> this version is slightly different from the current one in -tip (added
>> missing vfree()).
>
> i've added the delta patch below. I removed the #if 0's as they are
> ugly. (and editing the file to enable debug printouts is easy anyway)

ok, thanks.

> regarding this FIXME:
>
> + /* FIXME! dimm: Why not by means of get_totalsize(hdr)? */
> total_size = (unsigned long) (hdr[4] + (hdr[5] << 8));
>
> please just use get_totalsize(hdr) and get rid of the fixme that way :)

The thing is that it looks like there are 2 headers that contain the size.
'hdr' taken by get_totalsize() is not the same as 'hdr' from which
total_size is calculated here. :^)

A quick search didn't reveal any docs describing the AMD microcode
file format, so I'd rather leave it up to Peter.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Adamushko