Re: how to change priority of telnet session

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 01:29:18 EST

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:40:31 +0800, gshan said:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using telnetd which was started by xinetd. The current default
> priority of telnetd isn't high enough,

1) That's not a kernel issue, that's a userspace configuration issue, probably
best asked on a mailing list for administration of whatever distribution of
Linux you're using.

2) There's a fairly high likelyhood that your real problem isn't that telnet's
priority is too low, because telnet is a fairly lightweight process and *should*
behave fairly well unless there's major system tuning issues - and if that's
the case, there's probably *better* ways to fix the problem. What problem are
you trying to solve by changing telnet's priority?