Re: getting false SIGTRAP breakpoints in kernel i.e. kernel hungunless gdb remotely attached on x86 & cont is issued

From: Denis Joseph Barrow
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 10:21:13 EST

Hi Jason,
The problem I believe is very reproducable.
I'm doing nothing special with kgdb just using it to help me with
3g modem driver development & my driver wasn't loaded when the problem occured.
I have the following command in my /boot/grub/menu.lst kernel parameter to enable gdb.
kgdboc=/dev/ttyS0,115200 maxcpus=1

And when I do the steps mentioned when in a console I get a message waiting for gdb to attach
I'm familiar with kgdb, have been using it for years & know enough to be sure this is undesired behaviour.

--
best regards,
D.J. Barrow